[News] Short Introduction to the Built-in Virtualisation in the Linux Kernel

First and Ten: Linux 2.6.20 Kernel Goes Virtual

,----[ Quote ]
| "Xen is a true hypervisor, whereas KVM is a legacy virtualization
| solution akin to VMware Workstation, VMserver and Microsoft
| Virtual PC," Pratt told internetnews.com. "It lacks the benefits
| of para-virtualization performance enhancements that have been
| pioneered by Xen and are now being copied by VMware and Microsoft."
|                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/ent-news/article.php/3658001

Related:

NT influenced by Unix

,----[ Quote ]
| (Gates:) "And through Windows NT, you can see it throughout the design.
| In a weak sense, it is a form of Unix. There are so many of the
| design decisions that have been influenced by that environment. And
| that's no accident."
`----

http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/gates_quote.html

Microsoft patents BlueJ