Re: [News] Microsoft Sees Itself as a Government Department

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 06 February 2007 06:54 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 05 February 2007 18:49 \__
>>
>>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Even zed dee net are tacking into the wind here...
>>
>> Notice the name of this subdomain (they have 'opinion' and 'community').
>> Most of their article are percolating from C|Net, which has /heavy/
>> Microsoft bias not just in advertising, but also in terms of content. And
>> they are not even ashamed of it! Maybe it's their "patriotic duty".
>>

> Zed Dee have always been more than a little Pro-MS, but this does seem
> to have been slowly changing over the years.

Every publication must evolve to weigh the readers' requirements. The
monetary factor (advertisements) is suffering when the readership is no
longer there, so a good point of balance is that which doesn't repel the
readers and at the same time gets the sweet spot of the advertisers. 'Get
the Facts' has been battered so many times before, so I can imagine alarm
bells ringing in the editor's/publisher's head when a placement is proposed.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Double your drive space - delete Windows"
roy      pts/2                         Tue Feb  6 09:25   still logged in