[News] All Winners at ModDB are Open Source Games

Mods of 2006 - Player's Choice

,----[ Quote ]
| 80,000 votes. 4,000 mods. Over the course of 2 months, gamers from
| across the globe came together to decide which mods rank as the
| epitome of what our hard working community can do.
|
| [...]
|
| 5th Place. CodeRED - Alien Arena
|
| 4th Place. Nexuiz
|
| 3rd Place. OpenArena
|
| 2nd Place. Warsow
|
| 1st Place. Tremulous
`----

http://features.moddb.com/287/mods-of-2006-players-choice/?fpage=3
http://tinyurl.com/2sqh34

Open Source cleans up, proving that reuse and openness are the way to go.

Related:

Supergamer LiveDVD - Gaming on Linux hits new levels

,----[ Quote ]
| SuperGamer is a modified version of PCLinuxOS - one that contains lots and
| lots of neat games. To name a few:
|
|     * America's Army
|     * Cube
|     * Doom 3
|     * Enemy Territory
|     * ...
`----

http://www.arsgeek.com/?p=737

Vista breaks 90% of games, claims game publisher

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2007/01/30/vista_games/