Re: Vista Experience

  • Subject: Re: Vista Experience
  • From: AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 04:41:08 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 04:03:56 +0000, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>__/ [ AZ Nomad ] on Monday 05 February 2007 18:52 \__

>>>That is just fscking unbelievable that they STILL do not strongly
>>>encourage the usage of a "user" account.
>>
>>>Are they still hiding file extensions by default?  Idiots.
>>
>> I'm surprised too.  It only took microsoft fifteen years to embrace 70's
>> technology and get past the FAT file system.  I'd expect they would have
>> embraced 60's technology and protected the operating system from its users
>> by now.
>>
>> Guess not:  microsoft makes much of their money from people buying new
>> computers to replace systems with a damaged operating system.

>Damaged -- no. Buggy -- yes. Even Microsoft admit this, but not when they do
>the "Wow" show.

>Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

Damaged as well.

The OS can be trashed by as simple an act as inserting an audio CD,
visiting web pages taking advantage of bugs in the browser, retrieving
email, or just being connected to the internet.

Who's fucking brilliant idea was it that an email client should run
by default with the ability to overwrite the operating system?