Re: [News] Steve Ballmer Parties like It's 1995

On 2007-02-05, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> In any event, this wasn't about personality (see the subject line), but
> rather about the utter lack of technological advancement. Just a quick
> glance at Microsoft perception of "Office of the Future" leaves you
> uninspired (or worried, if you work at that company). Linux is many years
> ahead. All we need to do is help people see this. They will /ask/ for help
> in migration to Linux, rather than be persuaded or asked.

The MS vision of the office of the future *is* and always has been the
office of the past.

I've had more people in the last month ask me about linux than I have
in the entire year prior. And I've had a lot of people ask me about
linux in the year prior.

Every single one of them in the last month has mentioned one common
concern: Vista. To them it embodies much more than just the OS, and
includes things they don't even know the names for: lockin, DRM,
spying, cost of software, cost of hardware, etc.

No prompting from me. They're getting this information on their own.

--
Windows: Because you have too much free time.