Re: Beeb criticised for promotion shambles

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ peterwn ] on Saturday 03 February 2007 23:35 \__
>
>> On Feb 4, 9:47 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> __/ [ peterwn ] on Saturday 03 February 2007 19:09 \__

>>> NBC and CNN are just a couple among many that fall under the same
>>> category. They are dependent on Microsoft, so they have no guts to say the
>>> truth. It's a suppressive cycle of fear and reward.
>>>
>> They are bad enough, but this makes the 'Beeb' far worse in comparison
>> as it is not dependent on advertising pounds/ dollars.
>
> It's perspective is possibly affected by those who come in touch with the
> reporters over lunch. Journalists mingle with friends (or friends of
> friends) who are 'field experts'. As it stands, technical folks who watch
> over the Web site are likely to pass on the 'Microsoft religion'. It's a
> case of 'in Rome, act like a Roman'.

I do tend to agree, though, that there is positively no excuse for the
BBC falling for corporate press releases and propaganda, when they have
fantastic resources to do a properly researched story.  Even their
click-online programme is better than that.

Bring back Tomorrow's World :-)

Stult's Report:
	Our problems are mostly behind us.  What we have to do now is
	fight the solutions.