Re: [News] Microsoft Raises Bullying Levels in UK

  • Subject: Re: [News] Microsoft Raises Bullying Levels in UK
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 18:20:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 05 February 2007 17:45 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Microsoft cracks down on UK licences
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| According to ComputerWorld, Vole has sent out a series of letters
>>| threatening legal action using its agents the Business
>>| Software Alliance (BSA).
>>|
>>| Ram Dhaliwal, Microsoft's licensing programs manager in the
>>| UK said the move was to "spark off the engagement" with its customers.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37281
>>
>> This may be very beneficial (for Linux).
>>

> Indeed - it needs a headline something like "use software where your
> supplier doesn't want to bully you..."

We should be rather concerned about developing nations. See Gordon's pointer
to the BBC.

They can smell some money in Russia, so they start miling the cow that's
reliant on addiction to and dependency on Microsoft. What happened if they
pulled this trick in China? I guess this shows you the importance of the
OLPC initiative in countries like Brazil, whose economy could soon bloom.
Same in Asia.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Get the most out of your hardware. Get Linux.
Cpu(s):  22.8% user,   2.7% system,   0.7% nice,  73.7% idle