Re: Spreading the word

__/ [ Jamie Hart ] on Monday 05 February 2007 15:56 \__

> Esbe <esbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was wondering how to support spreading the word of GNU/Linux
>> advantages. I came to a conclusion that a small step can be done by
>> you and me if we hire our e-mail clients to do it. We can make our
>> e-mail clients to add the following info to each and every e-mail we
>> send:
>>
>> << You can be sure this e-mail is free of computer viruses or
>> malitious code of any kind. The sender of the e-mail uses an GNU/Linux
>> operating system and open source software which are immune from common
>> threats to computers. Make sure if a GNU/Linux system is also the best
>> choice for you.
>
> How about:
>
> << This email is not checked for viruses, the operating system it comes
> from is immune to such problems.  If you are worried about catching a
> virus, maybe you should take a look at GNU/Linux too. >>

Something from the GNU Web site (perhaps something which refers to digital
freedom) could be cited in the signature, I suppose. I have seen people
whose signature warns about the dangers of proprietary formats, with or
without formats.

I guess it's also a matter of securing one's friends, not just one's PC (or a
friend's PC). I know people who alienated others by making such mistakes
that are perceived as vanity. See .sig.

--
everytime you say things like this i just think of that cult of people
who send around .doc files. i dont want to communicate with people who