Re: Why does Schestowitz...

  • Subject: Re: Why does Schestowitz...
  • From: "Dean G." <dguttadauro@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 5 Feb 2007 07:56:25 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Feb 5, 10:47 am, "Dr. GroundAxe " <ground...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> have some sort of script setup to dump various Linux news RSS feeds into
> this NG? He's actually hurting the OSS cause because people that come
> here to ask a question or to get some advice are likely to have their
> query lost in the flood of Roy's RSS spam.

Really, I kind of like it. It makes cola a quick place to go to get
all sorts of Linux news. If I had a problem with it, it would be very
easy to filter as he uses the same name and only posts from a small
handful of consistent accounts. The result is that many of his posts
lead to constructive debate, while those who want to avoid his posts
can easily do so.

The real problem I have is with cowardly nymshifting trolls. Why is it
that some people complain about Roy, but say nothing about the real
problem ? People that deep in denial are not good sources of reliable
information.

Dean G.