Re: [News] IEEE Spectrum Covers the Upcoming 'Linux Laptop Epidemic'

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Mary Lou Jepsen: Laptops for All

,----[ Quote ]
| In June 2005, the OLPC team hadn?t even finished its design when it
| found itself pitching the $100 laptop concept to the Brazilian
| government. Brazil immediately committed to 2 million units.

Why is it that I really want to be hopeful for this project, but feel that at the last minute someone is going to turn the tables on it and they'll end up getting computers is Vista running on an unworkable machine.