[News] Computer Aided Design Programs Slowed Down by 80%-98% in Windows Vista

CAD Programs 98% Slower in Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
| This doesn't mean that their aren't issues with CAD programs, or
| programs in many other categories as well, when running in Vista.
| What it does suggest is that Vista is young, and Vista drivers are
| even younger. You can expect issues like this until the software
| and the drivers mature a bit.
`----

http://itsvista.com/2007/02/cad-programs-98-slower-in-vista/

Suddenly Linux seems very mature. The same goes for hardware support in
machines that were actually designed /for/ Windows (see below).

A Vista vs. Linux Matchup

,----[ Quote ]
| Putting aside Apple hardware, where all the software works with
| all the hardware so long as it's all up to the minute, I found
| that MEPIS actually has better hardware support for this PC
| than Vista.
|
| [...]
|
| Adding insult to injury, since DRM protection schemes must
| evolve constantly, to stay ahead of hackers tearing them down,
| I have little doubt that one day you'll come home to find that
| a Vista update to DRM-protection has just locked you out of your
| media collection. You know, the same collection, which had
| worked just fine the day before. Repeat after me: DRM does
| not belong in operating systems.
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT9325931427.html

And the same goes for games, e.g.:

World of Warcraft Technical Support - Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Many Windows Vista threads have been popping up lately. Let's use
| this thread to discuss any issues with the game on Windows Vista.
`----

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=62062457&sid=1

How about music?

MSN Music UK does not play on Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| I cannot play MSN Music UK's music files on Vista - I've over 150
| tracks that I purchased - and it doesn't work.
`----

http://badgerguy.livejournal.com/179419.html

Vista and iTunes Don't Play Nice Together

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/02/01/vista-and-itunes-dont-play-nice-together/