Re: Romanian President Slaps Linux In The Face!

  • Subject: Re: Romanian President Slaps Linux In The Face!
  • From: "Robert" <callingrw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 3 Feb 2007 17:23:56 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

I did mention in my 2 or 3 blog articles on this matter that he did
not mention Linux by name.
But I still think what he said was very troubling for Linux. He thinks
Romania was better off for making that choice. But they would have
been better off using Linux legally than using Windows illegally. It
was a slap in the face to both Microsoft and Linux, but especially
Linux. I stand by what I said.

Look , don't get me wrong, I think Linux is a great OS, as I said in
my last blog article. I started using it in early 2004, and by that
time Linux was a top notch very usable OS. (Although it would have
been more usable if hardware folks were more helpful (printer sellers
and so on).).

But what is happening in eastern Europe and emerging Asia is a very
big problem for Linux. What Basescu said is a lot more troubling for
the Linux advocates than for Microsoft.

Linux was unusable crap in 1998, when my friend, who is more hardware
savvy than me, had to reboot 4 times to get the damn thing to run.
Evidently , both here and over there, a lot of people still think it's
unusable crap.

There are lots of technologies that are technological successes but
marketing failures ( i should know ... arrggh ). Looks to me like
Linux qualifies.

By your definition, what is a troll? I do not consider myself a troll.