Re: Do I fear Vista? (repost)

__/ [ Peter Bjørn Perlsø ] on Saturday 03 February 2007 09:14 \__

> Yes, as a matter of fact, I do.
>
> Why?
>
> Because it is taking the control of the computer away from the user, and
> granting it to Microsoft and its sponsors - the Big Media.
>
> Read:
>
> http://badvista.fsf.org/blog/analysis-of-microsofts-suicide-note-part-1
>
> http://badvista.fsf.org/blog/analysis-of-microsoft-s-suicide-note-part-2
>
> http://badvista.fsf.org/blog/article-from-the-fsf-bulletin
>

> I want to be in control of MY property. I don't want Microsoft and their
> buttboys to be in control of MY actions or MY property.
>
> Therefore, I choose not to use Vista.

But... but... it's your patriotic duty, they say.

Buy Microsoft, it's your patriotic duty

,----[ Quote ]
| That seemed to be the message at the London launch of Microsoft Vista,
| Office 2007 and Exchange 2007 on 30 November 2006. Gordon Frazer,
| Microsoft's UK managing director, devoted most his opening speech to
| a gallimaufry of statistics and quotations intended to show that
| buying these new offerings would somehow make Britain more competitive.
`----

http://www.it-director.com/enterprise/other/content.php?cid=9038&ref=fd_itd

Encryption with master keys for the lawmakers, Hollywood control gear,
possibly an NSA back door...

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    make install -not war
Swap:  1036184k total,   589572k used,   446612k free,    37040k cached