Re: Vista has speech recognition hole

__/ [ Gordon ] on Thursday 01 February 2007 14:03 \__

> Microsoft has admitted that speech recognition features in Vista could be
> hijacked so that a PC tells itself to delete files or folders.

Yes, seen this earlier and thought of the time I was using voice recognition
in Mac OS 9. Vocal triggers are useless because short signals are too
ambiguous whereas long ones take longer to pronounce than punching a key.
It's show-ware more than anything, unless you are handicapped, in which case
other ways of interacting with the desktop are already available.