Re: SuSE Linux and TCO ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Monday 19 February 2007 16:49 \__

> 'SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop already compares favorably with Windows
> Vista in terms of usability/functionality while gaining the lead over
> Microsoft in desktop innovation'
>
> 'SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop is delivering functionality in July 2006
> that Microsoft has been trying to include in Windows Vista during the five
> or more years since Windows XP was released'
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/pdfs/novell_ownership_wp.pdf

I think they have a dilemma now. While they want to beat Windows, they need
to be 'nice' to Microsoft. This may also explain why they removed some bits
from their Web site just shortly after the deal had been made. Novell is
like a shy kids that only says something negative about the bully behind
his/her back. Whenever the bully shows up, Novell grins and obeys
everything.

--
                ~~ Greetings

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
  1:05am  up 28 days  1:23,  6 users,  load average: 0.30, 0.23, 0.25