Re: [News] Former Vista Users User Chooses XP Over Vista?

> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Monday 19 February 2007 19:41 \__

>>> 'Go Beyond Vista'
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>

> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/go_beyond_vista.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
>> I followed a couple of links on that site, and stumbled upon this:
>>

> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/vista_launch_falters_at_retail.html
>> What interests me most is the number of comments from people vowing to
>> switch to Linux ... on *Microsoft Watch* ... the hallowed ground of MS.
>

> The site has been overwhelmed by Windows users who want to switch (or even
> Linux users) ever since Mary left.
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Jodey Grist :
> |
> | Actually I'm running linux right now because of all the activation crap,
> | and the fact I dont want to spend 325 quid on a full featured OS (oh and
> | UAC is the worst thing ever). Vista isnt even all that good for 5 years
> | worth of development. I decided to try Linux out, and am typing this
> | message from it right now, it's very impressive, and the only thing I
> | cant do in it, is play games, so those comments are certainly true for me!
> `----
>
> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/microsoft_antipiracy_will_drive_people_to_linux.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000
>
> The same goes for Mary's new blog in ZDNet. I reckon there are /far/ more
> Linux users (including dual booters) than most people imagine. Those who
> don't use Linux yet (at some level of capacity) are looking forward to the
> switch. They use Windows news as a motivator, an excuse.
>

>>> If only Linux had marketing...
>> It does. Vista is the best advert for Linux we've ever had.
>

> Only when done tactfully...
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/urban_data/387974559/

LOL! Is it real, or is it Gimped in?

Either way, I don't recall that level of Anti-Windows behaviour during
the XP launch, and by all accounts the release of XP was a potentially
bigger threat to Linux (and therefore a more essential target).

People (all people) just seem to really hate Vista, a.k.a. Windows ME2.

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

.----
| "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
| Layer' when they go through our landfill sites" - Sian Berry, the
| Green Party.
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.19-1.2288.fc5
 21:35:33 up  9:01,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00