Re: [News] Next Ubuntu Linux Includes Migration Assistant

__/ [ 7 ] on Saturday 17 February 2007 20:12 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Ubuntu "Feisty Fawn" 7.04 with Migration Assitant
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | As part of a dual-boot installation, user will be able to import
>> | documents and settings from Windows, while converting them into
>> | their Ubuntu equivalents.
>> `----
>>
>> http://ostoolbox.blogspot.com/2007/02
> ubuntu-feisty-fawn-704-with-migration.html
>

> Fiesty WoW!
> If some one were to extend imports to include say
> printers, network shares, database connections,
> e-mail, then you have the means of selling
> to corporates something that they can't resist trialling.

That Linux from Fujitsu has something similar. I was going to post a link to
it, but I was in a hurry at the time, so I didn't search. I am spending
Friday to Sunday with my dad, which probably explains why I have been
posting more quickly (and sometimes made accidental, incomplete despatches
with CTRL+ENTER).

--
                ~~ Greetings

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Vista: Windows XP with bling-bling, nothing else
roy      pts/4                         Sat Feb 17 12:43 - 12:44  (00:00)