[News] Using Larger Numbers to Promote Open Source Software

Can Open Source Apps Find Strength in Numbers?

,----[ Quote ]
| The OAS is not a circle-the-wagons response to competition,
| whether proprietary or open source. It's about creating a market
| and technical presence that enlarges the space each member occupies
| on its own. To reinfoce that aim, the members claim to welcome
| competitors who wish to join the alliance. The impression they
| give is of bona fide desire to build something much greater than
| themselves individually.
`----

http://www.intelligententerprise.com/blog/archives/2007/02/can_open_source.html

Related:

Unisys Joins Newly Formed Open Solutions Alliance

,----[ Quote ]
| "Our short term goals focus on increasing adoption of open
| source applications inside the business world," Klawans stated.
| When companies are using open source products, it's almost
| exclusively Linux and Apache -- sometimes PHP or Tomcat, he
| added. "It's never applications. That's a problem facing the
| open source industry."

New Open Source Group to Focus on Apps

,----[ Quote ]