Re: New to the board. Question:

  • Subject: Re: New to the board. Question:
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 12:26:20 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ flyer ] on Saturday 17 February 2007 10:33 \__

> On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 10:04:24 GMT, Jim <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>dustin55 came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment ago
>>in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
>>
>>> I love my linux, but I am amazed with the Microsoft bashing on this
>>> board.  Is that what "Linux Advocacy" means?  You guys are
>>> giving the impression that there is more bad to say about Microsoft
>>> than there is good to say about Linux.
>>
>>Because Microsoft deserves it?
>>Someone, tell me I'm wrong!
>
> You're certainly NOT wrong.

When Microsoft uses proxies like SCO to persistently hurt Linux, that's not
nice.

When Microsoft Windows, being a commercially-backed project, adopts a design
that deliberately excludes rivals, that's not nice.

When Microsoft hires what it call "Munchkins" (astroturfers) to spread lies
about rivals' products, that's not nice.

When Microsoft places anti-Linux ads in pages that describe Linux favourable,
that's unethical.

When Microsoft hires PR firms to send letters (on behalf of deceased people)
supporting Microsoft, that's just corruption.

When Microsoft hired 'analysts' to perform studies, then flips the outcome
over, masks the sponsorships, and uses so-called facts (as in "Get the
Facts") to lies about rivals, that's just corruption.

When Microsoft talks about "squeezing the trigger on Novell", that's just
criminal.

Nothing would be please me more than caring about what Microsoft does. I
don't take pleasure in it. But then, Microsoft would come and stab us in our
backs. Had it not been for Microsoft's constant obsession with Linux behind
the scene, Linux would have run it over many years ago. It's only
perception, demoralisation, litigation and fraud that put in the way of
Linux.

--
                ~~ Greetings

Roy S. Schestowitz     | GPL - Global Programmer's Law
Cpu(s):  22.3% user,   2.8% system,   0.9% nice,  74.1% idle