Re: Daniel Lyons on Comes v. MS ..

  • Subject: Re: Daniel Lyons on Comes v. MS ..
  • From: Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:39:10 -0600
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:04:28 +0000, Doug Mentohl wrote:

> 'My guess is that Conlin thought she was going to get loads of great
> publicity out of this and look like a big hero, a la Erin Brockovich .. In
> the end, she just looked silly'
>
> http://tinyurl.com/26e7et
> http://www.forbes.com/2007/02/14/microsoft-lawsuit-settlement-tech-cz_dl_0214lawsuit.html

Lol:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006612130357

"Holley claimed that lawyers at the Minneapolis firm of Zelle Hoffmann had
split the word review - into re-view - to create their interpretation that
Microsoft was only seeking documents that the witnesses had looked at
twice.

James Reece, a partner at Zelle Hoffmann, which is co-counsel with Des
Moines lawyer Roxanne Conlin for the plaintiffs, admitted to Holley that
expert witness Netz had suggested the unusual interpretation. Reece had
adopted it until a second court order on Nov. 28 made it clear that
Microsoft wanted all witness documents.

Reece spent more than an hour on the witness stand late Tuesday afternoon
after the jury was sent home.

"One can only wonder what it is that they don't want to give up," Holley
said."

By the way, the author isn't a microsoft shill, he apparently switched to a
Mac a while back.