[News] OpenMoko ('Open Source iPhone') Opens to Public, Invites Developers

[openmoko-announce] [ANNOUNCE] openmoko.org goes public

,----[ Quote ]
| It is my pleasure to announce that as of now, we have opened public
| access to
|
| Our main portal:
|       http://www.openmoko.org/
|
| Our public wiki:
|       http://wiki.openmoko.org/
|
| Our subversion server:
|       http://svn.openmoko.org/
|       http://svnweb.openmoko.org/
|
| Our bugzilla:
|       http://bugzilla.openmoko.org/
|
| Our 'developer file dump'
|       http://people.openmoko.org/
|
| Our GForge installation
|       http://projects.openmoko.org/
`----

http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/announce/2007-February/000004.html

Related:

Forget iPhone, hail OpenMoko, the true revolution

,----[ Quote ]
| ...I would rather wait for OpenMoko to become available for purchase
| than shell out high bucks for iPhone. Just like with any Apple
| product, it is like an awesome looking golden cage. I always
| preferred freedom to control my own digital devices than to be
| mostly dependent on one vendor for everything.
`----

http://www.libervis.com/article/forget_iphone_hail_openmoko_the_true_revolution

Open Phones with Open Moko

,----[ Quote ]