Re: SCO Want to Sue PJ (Groklaw)

__/ [ Robert Newson ] on Wednesday 14 February 2007 21:48 \__

> Rex Ballard wrote:

>> Even if Susan was an IBM employee,
>
> In the early days of Groklaw, /Pamela/ stated that she was a paralegal.
> Then the site states that she is a journalist with a paralegal background.
> Now it is quiet on the matter (unless I've not spotted it recently).

Robert, in one of the comments in Groklaw (yesterday), an item from SJVN was
pointed out. He met her. She's definitely real. That said, have a look at
this article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20070215/tc_cmp/197006171

This is madness. She's clearly a real person. I correspond with her on a
daily basis and there's stuff beyond Groklaw. The media is just trying to
extend reality into some imaginative and faraway vocation that'll create
drama. FWIW, it's not a one-person project because there's a whole community
working behind the scene. As such, the article misses the point /entirely/.
OCRing documents, for instance, is not the work of a single person.

The Register has an article that actually exposes some nasty stuff from
O'Gara's work. What I didn't know is that sys-con got DDOS'ed quite heavily
after it published the article and it even gradually deleted all of O'Gara's
articles.

--
                ~~ Greetings

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Have you hugged your penguin today?
         run-level 5  Jan 23 00:41                   last=S