Re: Xubuntu Linux to the Rescue (Old Hardware)

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 14 February 2007 23:53 \__

> Thanks for the post.  This is a very useful review, as I will be
> shortly installing Ubuntu (maybe Xubuntu) on some older machines.

I've noticed your correspondence with Thad the other day. I can recall the
time that I installed Ubuntu on a ~4 year-old machine at work and it was as
fast as a thunder. I'm not entirely sure the XFCE equivalent is /much/
lighter. Someone argues that Canonical gradually got it bloated.