[News] Linux Confrences Opened Up, Scheduled (and Microsoft Intervenes as Usual)

Upcoming Ubuntu Events

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Education Summit
|
| [...]
|
| Ubucon - Sevilla
|
| [...]
|
| Ubuntu Developer Summit
|
| [...]
|
| Ubuntu Live

Penguins Descend On NYC For LinuxWorld

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is trying to get some Linux love too, though Microsoft is
| taking a more literal approach. Seeing as the LinuxWorld event
| takes place over the Valentine's Day holiday, Microsoft is
| hosting a get-together after the event Wednesday to share
| the love.

Microsoft attends many Linux conferences and even gives talks to poison the
minds of the attendants. I have been spotting Open Source VCs who rub
shoulders with Microsoft's Port 25 recently. Microsoft is trying to mingle
and confuse. Novell's 'patent deal' is just one example of what this leads
to.

"Microsoft seems to have hijacked Linux Asia"

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ciol.com/content/developer/Linux/2007/107020104.asp