Re: Unrest in the Vista camp...

__/ [ Tim Fairchild ] on Tuesday 13 February 2007 12:06 \__

> Well, I don't particularly like to talk about Vista, but things don't look
> all that happy in Vistaland.
>
> A quick browse of microsoft.public.windows.vista.general shows a bit of
> trouble...
>
> Some snips, but you can click pretty much any thread...
>
> "Ok now I have had to reboot 5 times so far today to get back my internet
> connection.  I have asked here as have many others.  I called MS support.
> What a joke ... they are swamped with calls."
>
> "The text in Windows mail is blurred and unsharp..."
>
> "I recently purchased Vista Ultimate and installed it.
> Every time I try to activate it (by clicking on the link in computer
> details to activate it) Windows Explorer Crashes and restarts. No error
> message explaining the problem appears, and I cannot activate Vista
> Ultimate."
>
> "I have Recorded TV from MCE 2005 on another hdd.  After the upgrade [to
> Vista], I can play some of these recordings fine but others get
> the "Restricted Content" msg, sometimes appearing randomly throughout the
> recording."
>
> "I really don't believe this, but when upgrading from XP with MSN search to
> Vista I get substantially slower search, with bad results;
> - does not index network drives (although they are added in search-CP)
> - very slow - you don't get instant results, but wait 20-60 seconds"
>
> "Microsoft doesn't even have support for the Zune (a Microsoft product)
> using Windows Vista.  I tried to install my Zune today on my new desktop
> which came preloaded with Vista and during the install it said that it
> isn't supported on this version of Windows."

They still haven't patched this?!?!

> "I'm getting only 2MB/s on gigabit [network]."

Maybe the zombies are preparing for a DDOS attack, so bandwidth gets
devoured. 1 in 4 Windows PCs is a zombie.

--
                ~~ Happy Valentine's Day (Mañana)

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "All your archives are (sic) belong to Google"
  6:00pm  up 21 days 18:18,  6 users,  load average: 0.35, 0.23, 0.31