[News] DRM is No Solution to Piracy and It Breaks Interoperability

The Effect of File Sharing on Record Sales: An Empirical Analysis

,----[ Quote ]
| Our estimates are inconsistent with claims that file sharing is the
| primary reason for the decline in music sales during our study period.
`----

http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/journal/issues/v115n1/31618/brief/31618.abstract.html?erFrom=-2768404614279062069Guest
http://tinyurl.com/24hehz

What web 2.0 could teach Warner Music's Edgar Bronfman

,----[ Quote ]
| Just imagine if all that open interoperability went away and we
| were back to the old days of closed APIs and closed systems.
| That's what DRM does.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/web2explorer/?p=326

Yes! They Took the Bait! Music Industry Grumbles About Job's Vision of a DRM
Free Future

,----[ Quote ]
| Just like Bill Gates took the bait complaining about Apple's
| recent ad campaign that portrays the PC as an overweight
| sickly virus ridden machine, again, with a hillarious cam
| strapped to it's head, Edgar Bronfman Jr. and the rest of
| the music industry just took the bait on DRM.
`----

http://thomashawk.com/2007/02/yes-they-took-bait-music-industry.html

It's worth mentioning that Bill Gates admitted that DRM is a pain and that
people should rip their CDs. And later came this:

Microsoft: We Like DRM

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2007/02/08/zune-drm-itunes-tech-media-cx_df_0208bach.html?partner=yahootix