Re: Vista Bombs - Microsoft Announces NEW VAPORWARE!! - Vienna

__/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Tuesday 13 February 2007 03:17 \__

http://www.channelweb.com/nl/execbriefing/showArticle.jhtml?articleId=197005177
> <quote>
>  The retail version of Windows Vista is less than a month old, but
> already Microsoft is talking up plans for Vienna -- its next big
> operating system.
>
> Microsoft customers and business partners should expect to have Vienna
> in their hands in two to two-and-a-half years, said Ben Fathi, VP of
> development in Microsoft's operating system group, according to a
> story published Friday by the IDG News Service. But what will be
> included is still very much an open question.
> </quote>
>
> Let's see, if Longhorn was supposed to take 2 years and took 4, that
> would put Vienna sausage at something like 5 years, meaning that we
> might see something almost as good as Linux is today - 5-7 years?
> Possibly by 2012?
>
> And by then, how much wider will Linux/Unix have widened the gap?

Have a look at their plans for hypervisors in Vienna. I would like to hear
what you make out of it.

--
                ~~ Happy Valentine's Day (Mañana)

Surely, Microsoft has given up on altruism in the IT industry
Cpu(s):  22.6% user,   2.8% system,   0.7% nice,  74.0% idle