[News] Novell Makes Windows (Virtualisation) More Appealing, Propagates FUD

Novell offers faster virtualized Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition, Novell plans to announce that through its patent and
|                                                        ^^^^^^
| technology partnership with Microsoft, rival Microsoft will provide
| joint technical support for customers running Windows Server 2003 R3 atop a
| platform of Xen from SLES.
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-1012_3-6158196.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

FUD, FUD, FUD.

Besides that, why would a Linux/Open Source companies do Microsoft's dirty
laundry? Microsoft uses its partnerships with Zend, XenSource and Novell
(even Mozilla) to achieve advantages or parity, at the expense of other
platforms which get neglected.

| [Allison: ] "Yes, that's true, actually. I mean I have had people come
| up to me and essentially off the record admit that they had been
| threatened by Microsoft and had got patent cross license and had
| essentially taken out a license for Microsoft patents on the free
| software that they were using [...] But they're not telling anyone
| about it. They're completely doing it off the record."
`----

http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/07/02/11/1443211.shtml

PHP, Windows: Not an Oxymoron?

,----[ Quote ]