Re: No Point to this Newsgroup

  • Subject: Re: No Point to this Newsgroup
  • From: Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:34:51 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:37:40 +0000, Ian Semmel wrote:

> When you download the new headers, all you get is a screen full of crap from
> Schestowitz. Anything that might be interesting I have already read from the
> TechRepublic and ZDNet newsletters I subscribe to and Schestowitz

Don't you know how to operate a killfile? Whining baby.

> plagiarises from. Sometimes there are a few contributions from others but
> they are hidden in the garbage.
>
> It is a shame that one lunatic can hijack a newsgroup like this. In
> Australia, there is a crime on the books such that someone can be locked up
> for being declared a "serial pest" by the courts. We need a cyber version of
> this law to get rid of idiots like Schestowitz.

No, we do not. This is called free speech. You may not like it, I may not
like it, but no one has any right to stop him. Why should they? If you
don't like what he posts, get out of the group, or plonk the NEWS posts -
the tag is there so that you can easily filter on it.

I don't see anything much in the way of advocacy from *you*.

--
Kier