Re: Is Microsoft the Lisa Nowak of Companies

  • Subject: Re: Is Microsoft the Lisa Nowak of Companies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:50:26 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Guy Fawkes ] on Friday 09 February 2007 19:51 \__

> "John Bailo" <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> __/ [ John Bailo ] on Friday 09 February 2007 09:06 \__

>>> A morbid joke, I know, but Microsoft is more like Nicole-Smith. Even a
>>> marriage to a multi-billion dollar fortune won't help it find happiness.
>>>

>> It looked good 20 years ago...but now...not so much.
>
> LOL!!

The following article was very popular at the time:

http://www.forbes.com/home/technology/2005/09/12/microsoft-management-software_cz_vm_0913microsoft.html

        Microsoft's Midlife Crisis

I think that other headlines were something along the lines of:

"Microsoft shows signs of aging"

There was another one about wrinkles, I think, but a quick Web search didn't
come up with anything appropriate. Either way, it's not just c.o.l.a. that's
seeing it. It has been going on for a couple of years.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz     | GPL - Global Programmer's Law
         run-level 5  Jan 23 00:41                   last=S