Re: ISO won't fast-track MS OOXML consideration

  • Subject: Re: ISO won't fast-track MS OOXML consideration
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 17:00:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Robert Parsonage ] on Sunday 11 February 2007 15:52 \__

> On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 13:15:33 +0000, B Gruff wrote:
>
>> If I'm reading this correctly, the Microsoft application for "Fast
>> tracking" MS XML through ISO is now refused - derailed if you like -
>> and the application will need to follow the normal, detailed
>> examination and review.
>
> This is excellent news indeed. One can only hope that ISO conclude
> that only one document format standard is necessary. If Microsoft
> believe ODF isn't up to snuff they can offer enhancements to it.

No, no proprietary 'extentions', thank you. *smile* That's just what they
have been doing to any industry standard or recommendation over the years. A
certain Halloween memo suggests that not innovation was the motive, but
sabotage rather.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

The Intel-Dell-MS oligopoly/treo can be weakened by competition (Freedom)
Tasks: 131 total,   1 running, 126 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie