Re: Thoughts On Dell's Linux 'Hoax'

peterwn wrote:

I suspect that Dell is even too scared stiff to say that the Windows
loaded computers it sells are Linux compatible (the dialup modem and
the video chipset being the main determing factors).

The answer is: we just shouldn't care about what the Big Dinosaurs are doing. Yes, it's icing on the cake...but not really needed.

There are plenty of outlets for preinstalled Suse linux desktops and notebooks.

The hard job of advocacy is getting the word to people about these places.

A top down solution of big mega deals is not what linux is about.