Re: [News] Man Upgrades from Windows Vista to Windows XP

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:45:47 +0000
<3569781.9RBElS3uOr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Windows Vista: I'm Breaking up with You
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | No, seriously. When I know I have time, I'm "upgrading" from Windows
> | Vista to Windows XP.
> `----
>
> http://keznews.com/2420_Windows_Vista__I%E2%80%99m_Breaking_up_with_You
>
> The next step is an upgrade from XP to Linux, but never mind. Perhaps
> realising that Microsoft is moving backwards [1], he'll just switch teams.
>

> [1] "Vista's UI is a 'step back,' analyst says"
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9011819&intsrc=hm_list
> http://tinyurl.com/2lq7wg

No doubt it's a step back to the golden days of Microsoft.  :-)  Or
so they might think.

Personally I think Aero's crap and both Xgl and MacOSX (Darwin?  Aqua?)
overkill.  However, I'm not going to go all the way back to Motif, or
Sunview. ;-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #23291:
void f(item *p) { if(p != 0) delete p; }