Re: Bug-tracker/Project Management and v-tiger Integration

__/ [ Mark ] on Wednesday 28 February 2007 10:26 \__

> We are a software development company, that uses v-tiger to manage
> customers. v-tiger has a good Trouble-Ticket integration, but what I
> am looking for is a software bug-tracker/project management add-on in
> the Customer Portal. So that the developer can provide project updates
> and the customer when logged into their account, can see the latest
> update on their project and provide feedback.
>
> This way all communications are tracked. I am sure alot of companies
> are using v-tiger for such purposes any guidance would be helpful.
>
> Mark

I am used to using Trac, which has apparently become very popular. It does
everything that you mention above (and beyond). It could prove a bit
cumbersome to use though, probably because of the high level of
functionality, which is code-oriented.

Mosquito was replaced by Trac in WordPress (my limited experience), so it's
probably a no-go area. Also, there's Bugzilla and other projects that ought
to integrate well with software that comes from affiliate development teams.

I think you might be better off asking folks from comp.os.linux.misc. It's a
technical group, whereas this one is not. Not by design anyway...