Re: Help Me Understand the new Bittorrent

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 28 February 2007 09:07 \__

> Ok, so Bittorent has gone commercial.
>
> I go to the bittorent site:
>
> http://www.bittorent.net
>
> And it asks me to register with my email.
>
> Then it says:
>
> "Unlimited Downloads"
>
> So, if I subscribe, does that mean I get legal access to all music, tv,
> movies and so on in the bittorent network?
>
> What am I missing?
>
> It seems like a good thing as it brings DRM to Linux and eliminates all the
> need for ports of Rhaspody, iTunes, all the rest for one low monthly fee!
>
> Too good to be true?
>
> Please debunk.

They are in bed with Steve. It will only work with Windows and it's infected
(Defective by Design). In fact, the idea of turning free exchange of
information into a paid/subscription service is as ludicrous as trying to
launch a search engine where you pay 5 cents per query. Will you truly be
able to compete with Google this way?

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
Cpu(s):  21.8% user,   2.8% system,   0.9% nice,  74.6% idle