[News] Linux Eye Candy Improves Usability: Drag-and-drop Example

howto drag and drop files/text using the beryl scale plugin

,----[ Quote ]
| Under a normal window manager, you can drag and drop files/text
| between applications no problem at all. If the target window is
| hidden behind others, usually you drag the file/text up to the
| taskbar, wait for the relevant window to focus, and drop the
| ile.
|
| [...]
|
| This is a cool little feature that allows you to drag and drop
| files between applications on the same desktop, or different
| desktops.
`----

http://liquidweather.net/howto/index.php?id=107

with video. There's also this one:

howto improve the performance of your beryl desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| This tip has sped up beryl performance on my desktop machine
| running and NVIDIA 7600 video card, and on my laptop running
| an intel 945GM integrated graphics chip. This is a really
| straightforward tip.
`----

http://liquidweather.net/howto/index.php?id=106

Related:

beryl: usability (iv) - the wheel switcher

,----[ Quote ]
| You can activate the wheel switcher using the <super><tab> key
| combo. In terms of keyboard strokes, it works the same as <alt><tab>,
| you press <super><tab> to switch one application in the forward
|
| [...]
|
| The advantage that I see for this in terms of usability is that
| you can see all of the applications clearly, as they spin around
| the ring. This gives you plenty of time to focus in on the one you
| want, and watch its progress around the ring, so that you can make
| sure you stop in the right place. In my view, this is a great
| improvement on both beryl's standard switcher and also the
| switchers on non-composited window managers.
`----

http://liquidweather.net/howto/index.php?id=104

beryl: usability (v) - howto manage virtual desktops using the wall plugin

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://liquidweather.net/howto/index.php?id=105

,----[ Quote ]