[News] Luring the Seller Rather Than the Poor Customer

What users care about

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft aims everything they do at their customer: not the guy who
| uses computers, but the guy who sells and preaches PCs, PC services,
| and PC support.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/?p=804

Here are some examples:

Microsoft Shuts Down Linux 10 Years Ago Says Iowa Attorney

,----[ Quote ]
| Going back now to as early as 1998, Microsoft starts to realize that
| Linux might pose a possible threat, and Vinod Valloppillil, who is
| a program manager at Microsoft, is asked by Mr. Allchin, Jim Allchin,
| to analyze potential strategies for combatting open-source software,
| and specifically Linux.
| His memos are leaked to the press in April -- I beg your pardon --
| in October of 1998 and become known as the Halloween documents.
| And the evidence will be that Microsoft uses its influence in the
| OEM channel, the computer manufacture channel, to make sure that
| end users have a difficult time buying PCs with Linux preinstalled.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/RoundUp/Microsoft_Shuts_Down_Linux_10_Years_Ago_Says_Iowa_Attorney

Music industry meeting could change the Zune

,----[ Quote ]
| Bryan Lee, corporate vice present for Microsoft's entertainment
| business, told me today that the meeting was set up as part of the
| deal struck between Microsoft and music business honchos, who are
| always wary of piracy... The meeting was supposed to take place "some
| time after the holidays," he said. It also talks about the future
| of the zune.
`----

http://blogs.chron.com/techblog/archives/2007/01/music_industry_meeting_could_change_the_zune.html
http://tinyurl.com/y7z5wl

A Legitimate Reason to Hate the Zune (And Microsoft Too)

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.applematters.com/index.php/section/comments/a-legitimate-reason-to-hate-the-zune-and-microsoft-too/