[News] Apple Works on Linux/Metisse-like Piles; Yahoo Wants Patent on Dynamic Pages

Apple Piles: Organize Yourself Better

,----[ Quote ]
| While Piles does sound reminiscent of how I organize content on my real
| desk, it seems to me that this wouldn?t really be the most efficient
| way to bring organization to my computer desktop.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2480&Itemid=449

Linux has been trying such stuff for a while, so it probably relates to the
cycle of innovation (Linux/BSD innovate, Mac polishes things, Microsoft
markets terrible copycats many years later):
http://www.gridter.com/articles/software_cycle.html

Yahoo! claims! it! invented! Web! 2!

,----[ Quote ]
| If the patent is granted, lawyers could be showing up at the door of
| Web 2.0 companies to demand cash.

Patents for dynamic Web pages to get another look

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-1030_3-6154385.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gp8GzKwBdsg