Re: [News] Windows Vista Interface/Usability Flaws

Hadron Quark <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> Where is the beauty in Windows Vista?
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://pinderkent.blogsavy.com/archives/56
>>
>> I went into Office Depot the other day and played a bit.  One of the
>> laptops had a "rotate screen" feature, so I turned the screen
>> upside-down.
>>
>> nuk nuk
>>
>> What was funnier, though, was that only the laptops had their screens
>> on.  All of the desktop computers were showing only black screens.  I'm
>> curious as to why that was.
>
> Err, they were turned off?
>
> Or, as Roy would assume, maybe Vista "doesn't work"?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Actually, unlike you Hadrin, I've been running Vista since the day it
was released, and I know a bit about it.

The facts are these:

Yeah, it works for most common applications.

If you want to play a lot of games, you're shit out of luck, period.

If you want to run office apps, you're fine.

If you want to run proprietary drivers of any kind (printer, etc),
you're screwed just about half th etime.

If you want an operating system that's hundreds of dollars better
than XP....

You're fucked.

-----yttrx

--