[News] Microsoft Outlook Drives Away Users

Is it me or does Outlook make you want to throw your computer out the
window(s)?

,----[ Quote ]
| As a side note to my dislike for Outlook 2003 I figured maybe I would
| try to upgrade to 2007. After I made sense of the Office 2007
| versions I noticed that Office 2007 Student doesn't come with
| Outlook. This is utterly foolish move by Microsoft. One of the
| primary reasons people stick with Windows is because of
| Outlook-addiction. My guess is that they are concerned that people
| would only pay for the Student version but it seems like a huge
| missed opportunity related to getting kids addicted to the
| dark-side. This just reinforces the usage of apps like Thunderbird
| and Gmail against Microsoft's desktop stronghold. Microsoft can
| only blame themselves when they eventually lose the desktop.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/02/is_it_me_or_doe.html

He is switching to Google, I think.

Why Outlook Sucks: Part 1 of 900,000

,----[ Quote ]
| Let's find an email from Toni regarding her party next weekend...
`----

http://www.prestonlee.com/archives/76

Related:

Google manager: Google Apps replaced Microsoft Office at 100,000 businesses

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's newly released online productivity suite Google Apps has
| already replaced Microsoft Office at more than 100,000 small to
| medium enterprises and has been deployed at two of the largest
| companies in the world, according to the search leader's
| enterprise product boss.

Dumping Office for Google Apps

,----[ Quote ]
`----