[News] Vista Bugs and Rants (They Just Keep Coming)

IE7 refreshing in XP but not in Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| The only way for me to see the true hit count on the Vista PC was to stop
| IE7 and restart it. Looks like Microsoft tested IE7 with XP OK but not
| Vista. Another one of the outstanding 'no more than 500 bugs' shipped
| with Vista I assume.
`----

http://crunchysoftware.wordpress.com/2007/02/23/ie7-refreshing-in-xp-but-not-in-vista/
http://tinyurl.com/2bqkmn

Windows Vista Sidebar Gadgets Suck

,----[ Quote ]
| I recently visited the Sidebar Gadget download page and was appalled
| at the lack of well-recieved gagdgets.
`----

http://www.oftenwrong.net/2007/02/23/windows-sidebar-gadgets-suck/

Related:

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista SP1 is code named "Fiji", presumably after a pretty looking
| island which is paralysed by coups.
|
| In a statement regarding the service pack Microsoft admits that
| Vista has "high impact" problems.

Long list of Vista bugs that will keep me off Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| After a grueling week of intense Vista RTM testing, I still can't
| get Vista stable on my primary computer yet even though I've swapped
| out all the bad memory.  This same PC has worked with and continues
| to work with Windows XP just fine.  Even with the good memory in the
| computer, it locks up every hour or two and forces me to hard shut
| the system to reboot.  Apparently I'm not the only one with stability
| issues since reader DAC-Tech who's a Systems Engineer with a big
| company was having issues with his brand new ASUS based motherboard.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=402

Vista securityVole is happy with bugs

,----[ Quote ]
| In an IDG interview, Ben Fathi said that he was not surprised
| with the number of bugs users had found in Vista as he expected
| users to find some.

Life with Vista - Is this dogfood really for the dogs?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://dotnetaddict.dotnetdevelopersjournal.com/vista_dogfood.htm