Re: Dell Having Problems with Windows Vista

On Feb 23, 4:44 pm, "amicus_curious" <A...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Dean G." <dguttada...@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> >> "But seriously, most consumers are going to be rather upset as they
> >> simply
> >> want to buy a PC that offers the famed Vista 3D effects."
>
> > Of course the problem here is that you can't. Simply put, the only
> > video cards that will give you all of the features that Vista promises
> > aren't ready yet, as there is not a good driver for them yet.
>
> > How could you blame Dell for this ? Dell doesn't make the OS, and they
> > don't make the video card. You sound like another hypocritcal MS fan
> > boy who blames Linux when the hardware doesn't work on Linux, but
> > blames everyone except MS when the hardware doesn't work on Vista.
>
> > Your credibility is found to be lacking.
>
> I think that if you read the article that was cited you will see that the
> author is clearly blaming Dell for advertising a configuration that he
> asserts that Dell should know is not optimal or even adequate for Vista
> Premium as supplied.  Dell sells the OS and Dell sells the video card and is
> acting as a trusted vendor to the public.  They have a responsibility to
> their customers that is greater than the responsibility of their suppliers
> to their customers.  It is called "privity".- Hide quoted text -

As I understand it, the ads must be ready three full months before
release for most magazines, and Dell advertises heavily in such
magazines. This puts Dell in the position of trusting (or not, and
Lord knows they should not) both Microsoft and NVidia. Saddly, neither
Microsoft nor NVidia has been able to hold up their end of the deal.
Of course greedy lawyer types may notice that it was Dell that
technically violated the advertising law, but the fault clearly lies
with the suppliers being unable to live up to their promises.

What Dell should do is ship the products as is. Let MS and NVidia deal
with their own failures. Instead Dell is trying to be responsible by
not selling oviously unready products to their customers. Kudos to
Dell for being more customer oriented than both Microsoft and NVidia,
both of whom are willing to ship crap and screw their customers.

Either that or they should come out and say that Vista is not up to
Dell standards and they will not ship such an unready and inferior
product until such time as it is up to standards.

Vista was released in November, and still isn't ready for prime time.
There is still not even a single video card that supports all of the
Vista features with a working driver. MS fan boys everywhere are
trying EVERYTHING to blame this on everyone else. This is called
immaturity.

Dean G.