[News] Sun Microsystems Sends Mixed Messages While Server Sales Improve

Sun's top Solaris sellers bail out

,----[ Quote ]
| A pair of Sun's top Solaris executives have scurried right on out
| of the company, The Register can reveal.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/22/sun_solaris_exit/

Sun's servers resurgent in 2006 - Gartner

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun Microsystems used 2006 as a throwback session by pushing
| its sales way higher while rivals were happy to exit the year
| with any kind of growth.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/22/gartner_2006_sales/

This could suggest that Linux growth cuts into Windows' market share, not
just UNIX/Solaris, which is what Microsoft want people to believe. SCO wants
people to believe that IBM neglected UNIX to give way to Linux, which is
another thing that was disproven in courts/Groklaw quite recently.

Gartner: x86 server sales growth slowed in Q4

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070223/tc_infoworld/86282