Re: [News] Linux Gets New VoIP Recording Software

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> New Workgroup VoIP Recording Software for Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | New centralized VoIP call recording software, VONaLink TeamRecord for
> | Linux, works with any VoIP phone system based on the SIP standard to
> | record calls for an entire workgroup.
> `----
>
> http://press.xtvworld.com/article17057.html

Got one of those, it's called Skype and it's free, unless you call a
landline. But I only make friends with people who have skype so I'm
alright.

Cross voip is naff. But soon I will be able to make friends with people who
use Yahoos voip too. Maybe one day I can make friends with AOL and other
voip network users too.

That is Voip's problem, voice over the Internet works well now, video can
work well too, bit of a delay still but it doesn't spoil it. But if
everyone dashes off to support yet another voip vendor chanrging for
something that is free, then we just end up with lots of phone networks. So
if you need to talk to John Smith, you first have to find what network he
is on, find out if cross network to him is free and balance that with
whether what you need to talk to him about is worth the 50p or what ever,
then you have to hope that he is sat next to his computer or has managed to
get it working on his PDA.

Free? They must be charging you for something right? No they aren't, If you
connect to John Jones, a comms link is established between you and him, no
need for anything in between, no bandwidth costs on the Voip's hosts's
server, they is a cost to your own host's bandwidth, but they have chosen
to let this go, because you are such a nice user of their's and anyway its
pretty tricky picking out the voip packets to put together a seperate
charge sheet. The voip host might add extras such as a software answer
phone, I'll let them charge for that. But the rest is free and they have no
right or need to charge you for it.

So, people of the world unite in a single Voip, Skype, so that we are all on
the same address book and can all talk to each other. You can have answer
phones and message recorders etc on your own PC, don't pay anyone for any
of this.

AOL, MSM and the others can all just join that same Skype, there is no need
for issolation, the world is big enough for everyone, well, almost
everyone, a few might have to be kicked off.

I hope Yahoo do join Skype, it might encourage the others to jump on board.