Re: Vista Contains Rusty Code; Microsoft.com Down

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, jjwassermann@xxxxxxxxx
<jjwassermann@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on 22 Feb 2007 14:05:04 -0800
<1172181904.094764.144840@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Feb 22, 11:37 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Vista Still Has Some *OLD* Code
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | While it is certainly skinned with Vista, this is the same font
>> | dialog that i've been using since '95 or perhaps 3.1.  I love the
>> | Drives dropdown and the Network button.  I wonder how much ancient
>> | code is still in Vista?  Anyone notice others?
>> `----
>>
>> http://adoguy.com/viewrant.aspx?id=2204
>>
>> I read somewhere that microsoft.com fell over. It's back up now. It happened
>> recently as well...
>>
>> "Crashed Microsoft Website"
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/20476704@N00/359868688/
>
> Same font dialog?
>
> So does that mean that Linux users will no longer have to STEAL the
> msttfonts from Microsoft because Linux doesn't have decent fonts of
> it's own?

Depends.  Does Microsoft allow for downloading its fonts
for a set fee (including a fee of zero) and with display
of an EULA prior to downloading?  If so, it's possible
to steal them (steal = "possession without consent of
the owner").

> http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=msttfonts&spell=1
>
> You Linux jerks are all the same.
> All you do is whine about Microsoft this and Microsoft that, but yet
> you can steal their fonts without blinking an eyelash.
> Real greal.

?!

> I suppose it should come as no surprise because Linux jerks seem to
> want everything for free and resfuse to pay for anything.
> Do you work for free programming Linux?
> Nahh, I'll bet you make your money with Windows by day and slam
> Microsoft my night.
> Hypocrite.

Exactly.  We should just all run out, buy Vista, and
shut up.  You do own the latest and greatest version of
Vista, right?

Followups to COLA.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux.  Because it's not the desktop that's
important, it's the ability to DO something
with it.