Re: [News] Vista Contains Rusty Code; Microsoft.com Down

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:37:53 +0000
<5872147.FmGLhMl4eg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Vista Still Has Some *OLD* Code
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | While it is certainly skinned with Vista, this is the same font
> | dialog that i've been using since '95 or perhaps 3.1.  I love the
> | Drives dropdown and the Network button.  I wonder how much ancient
> | code is still in Vista?  Anyone notice others?
> `----
>
> http://adoguy.com/viewrant.aspx?id=2204

Isn't SOL.EXE still in there?  My XP has it in
c:\windows\system32\sol.exe .  It also has it in
c:\windows\system32\dllcache\sol.exe .  Woo, two copies.
Do I really need to cache an executable ON THE EXACT
SAME DRIVE???

(Oh, the moronity.  Aspirin!)

> I read somewhere that microsoft.com fell over. It's back up now. It happened
> recently as well...
>
> "Crashed Microsoft Website"
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/20476704@N00/359868688/

Hmm...how to spin this.  :-)  Must have been because
Vista's so...uh...popular.  Yeah, that's it.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #992398129:
void f(unsigned u) { if(u < 0) ... }