Re: American Express, clueless or fearful

__/ [ Philip ] on Thursday 22 February 2007 16:30 \__

> http://www133.americanexpress.com/osbn/Landing/SDOTnC.asp
>
> "In order to receive and retain the Electronic Communications, you
> *must* have a valid e-mail address and a computer equipped as described
> below. ...
>
> Internet access and a browser that supports 128-bit encryption such as
> Microsoft® Internet Explorer or Netscape® Communicator®
>
> An operating system meeting the below minimum requirements for either
> Microsoft® Windows® or Macintosh®:
> Windows®
> Windows® 95 or higher or Windows® NT 4.0 or higher
> 486 or higher processor
> 16 MB (32 MB recommended of access memory (RAM))
> 20 MB of free hard drive space
> Or
> Macintosh®
> System 7.5.5 or higher
> 32 MB of available access memory (RAM)
> 16 MB of available hard drive space"
>
> What is it about Mozilla browsers and Linux that make these IT
> department ignore them. It's not number of users, Mozilla browser have
> 20% of the seats.
>
> I suspect it is the lack of a single for-profit entity they can deal with.
>
> Phil

Corporate Fight Against Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2468&Itemid=449

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/2000/PX02991.pdf

,----[ Quote ]
| "After a long and arduous journey that included a suspended validation last
| year .. OpenSSL has regained its FIPS 140-2 validation"
|
| "We called it the FUD campaign," he says. "There were all kinds of
| complaints sent to the CMVP including one about 'Commie code.' .. Silly or
| no, each complaint that's filed really slows down the process."
|
| "the ones they did see often contained redacted, or blacked-out, data about
| who had filed the complaint .. in some cases, proprietary software vendors
| were lodging the complaints.

                ~~ Happy Birthday, George W. (not Bush)

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 12345679 x 8 = 98765432
Tasks: 131 total,   3 running, 125 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie