Re: [News] Eric Raymond Moves to Ubuntu Linux

<snip lots of kick-ass stuff />

You must remember that ESR joined the Linspire board -- quite surprisingly in
fact -- just months ago. Later he wrote World Domination 201 and in
LinuxWorld he suddenly spoke about iPods (DRM), binary drivers, and Linux
busine$$ opportunities (urgency, windows of opportunity). Then, Linspire
dropped the Debian project in favour of Canonical (Ubuntu codeba$e). Thus,
it was only natural for ESR to show obedience/acceptance and embrace
Linspire sooner or later. Linspire? Lindows? Ubuntu in a Win32 gown for ESR?
I think not. So he chose Ubuntu. In the process, he bashed one of
Lin-buntu's main rivals. One E-mail to a public mailing list (with CC's that
are intended to create big waves) is enough to give the company he work$ for
a $erious$ boo$t. Kevin and Robert$on must be plea$ed.

I use FC for many things and it's excellent. Ubuntu is just... different.