Re: [News] MSN Blogger Loves Vista... Not So Much

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Wednesday 21 February 2007 15:37 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:16:14 +0000
> <2261245.fnzHK6uMaD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> The most annoying aspects of Windows Vista
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | You can't imagine how much I shouted, complained and went nuts here.
>> `----
>>
>> http://bm2loveangel.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!CEB8040F8B57DD83!2032.entry
>
> The linked-to article is also interesting, and rather longer.
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070220/tc_pcworld/129126
>
> Regrettably, they don't mention Linux and mark "Ultimately
> Expensive" as not fixable.  Also, they seem to think DirectX10
> will be the ultimate gaming platform.
>
> Yuck.

Recently I read that DirectX10 is scarcely used by game developers. I can't
recall the figures, but something in my mind tells me there was only one
game that used DirectX10 (at least in some example that I read).

Add the factor of hype and advertising. Like Vista, rest assured that
DirectX10 is overrated owing to marketing, astroturfers, and brainwashed
game developers. OpenGL hasn't that mental grip. It lets merits do the talk
(or lack thereof, as word of mouth is valuable too).

--
                ~~ With compliments

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
  6:20am  up 30 days  6:38,  7 users,  load average: 0.81, 0.63, 0.72