[News] Vista Advertising Ineffective; Software Pirates Eliminated; Microsoft in Court

OS Advertising: Why Microsoft Is Still Lagging Behind

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, Time to Join Reality. I understand that Microsoft has no
| desire to take "jab style" commercials at Apple. Fine, but you had
| better clue into one thing: what you were doing with XP marketing
| was light years better than what has happened with Vista.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2476&Itemid=449
http://tinyurl.com/2eqfye

DrinkOrDie Warez Ringleader Extradited from Australia

,----[ Quote ]
| According to the indictment, Griffiths oversaw all the illegal
| operations of DrinkOrDie which specialized in cracking software
| and distributing the cracked versions over the Internet.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/General/DrinkOrDie_Warez_Ringleader_Extradited_from_Australia

Microsoft patent case stirs software export fears

,----[ Quote ]
| It's not every day that both the U.S. government and advocates of
| free and open-source software align themselves in court with Microsoft.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6160840.html

All of these are good news to Open Source and Linux.